Release : Oasis Wallet 1.4.1

Oasis Wallet 1.4.1 is out and it comes with an important security fix :

• Prevent browsers from sending sensitive form inputs to spell-checking API (#1181)

NOTE: The latest stable deployed version of Oasis Wallet can be found at https://wallet.oasisprotocol.org/.

4 Likes

I would like to propose the following improvements to the Oasis Web Wallet in order to enhance the user experience.

• The first potential improvement for the web wallet could be to add more information about the current status of a user’s stake and the rewards received on the active delegations page. So for a quick check of the accrued rewards, users can visit https://oasismonitor.com/ and when working with the wallet, have this data also at hand.

• Another improvement could be to make it easier for users to switch between multiple accounts on the wallet. Currently, users must mark the accounts they wish to open upon entering the wallet, and if they forget to do so, they will not be able to switch between accounts without re-entering the wallet. To address this issue, it may be helpful to focus the user’s attention on this feature when they enter the wallet and to make it clear that moving between accounts will be impossible without re-entering the wallet.

• Also, it would be great to add a note on what “gigashares” are when unstaking tokens. Since the amount of shares is simply a fraction of the delegate’s stake in the staking pool and is less than the initial amount delegated to the validator, this can cause confusion for users.

• A final suggestion could be to improve the clarity of the delegating process. Currently, after delegating tokens, the field for entering the number of tokens to delegate is not cleared. This can be confusing for users and make them think that the transaction failed.

I hope that these suggestions will help users simplify the use of the Oasis Web Wallet and make it more convenient for them.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback or suggestions you may have on these proposals and look forward to continuing to improve the network together

In my Twitter thread on this topic, you can find screenshots of the relevant wallet pages where improvements are proposed :point_down:

This is an important step towards enhancing the security of the wallet and safeguarding the privacy of its users. With the increasing prevalence of online threats, it is reassuring to see the Oasis team taking proactive measures to keep their users’ data safe.

1 Like